September 17, 2008

My New Lifestyle

My lifestyle has changed dramatically due to the storm.

On Sunday I waited THREE hours in line for gas!

Showers are breathtaking (literally). The cold water takes your breath away! It stuns my heart for hours afterwards.

Dial up internet. Much different than my high speed, surf the internet for hours lifestyle. I HAVE not figured out how to post pictures to my blog. The interent freezes up.

Hanging clothes out to dry (yes we can wash) but not dry. This sucks! And your clothes are stiff.

There are restuarants and fast food places starting to open. But really--what do you think they are cooking. I am sure their old food that was about to ruin. No thanks!

Life is much different the days following the storm. My high paced days are now slow. Decisions include--which limb should I move. Which yard should we work on today.

So why have I not loaded the car and taken off to a hotel....because I am wanting to get my yard spotless and there are so many people left to help.

(*really it is not that bad. My father has everything in the house hooked to the generator. We still have lights, interent, stove, ac, etc.) But...I am spoiled and miss my old lifestyle.

2 comments:

Brandi Tejeda said...

try using vinegar as softner in your laundry. it will keep it from feeling so stiff when you wash! it wont smell either! I feel your pain! we finally have power as of yesterday!

Amanda Key said...

Thanks Brandi for the advice! How are you?