September 21, 2008

There is No Place Like Home

I am ready to be in my own home.

I miss high speed Internet.
I miss hot water.
I miss my big bed.
I miss all appliances working at one time.

This storm has opened my eyes to how I want to build my house. I have been looking for a generator that would hook into my natural gas line...but of course I have not had any luck.

Parts of Liberty started getting lights Friday night. I have heard Liberty ISD will start school on Tuesday--so surely that means I should have lights by then. I have already called Comcast to make sure my high speed Internet will be working. Guess what--they are working on the lines and it should be up by Tuesday.

I cannot wait to have life back to normal!

2 comments:

Brandi Tejeda said...

We got lights Thursday..it is so wonderful to be back to normal! I hope things come together for you very quickly!

Sarah Shalley said...

Glad to hear that you're okay and that you're getting back to life. I've definitely learned that all of our THINGS aren't important at all...they're simply a luxury that I enjoy. Let's meet up soon. :) Hope that the kids aren't too wild at school. I go back tomorrow and don't know what to expect.