September 17, 2008

After the Storm

As soon as the storm passed Josh and I drove to Liberty to assess the damage to our home. Luckily our home only had minor damages. (we had a limb pierce the roof and a tree fall in the back yard that hit the house--but it is okay)

However, some of our family and friends were not so lucky. Trees hit several homes. Roofs are leaking due to limbs and missing shingles. AND yards look terrible! Trees and tree limbs are everywhere you look!

By the time I called my insurance company yesterday at 8:00 a.m. they already had 25,000 claims. I am really worried that this storm along with the government bailing out Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and AIG --will collapse.

*My personal input about FEMA. I do not think it is the governments responsibility to bail people out after a storm. However, I do think that the government should make sure that insurance companies are honest, ethical and equitable.

No comments: