September 17, 2008

Thankful

There is much to be thankful for!

All my friends and family are safe.

My house suffered minor damages. Nothing that cannot be fixed.

Henry and Sara are happy and adapting well to their new home.

We have a nice generator that powers the entire house (with the exception of the ac unit/but we have window units).

I have wonderful friends. Randy and Regina brought us ice, bread, chips, steak, and chicken when they came down to look at the damage Ike did to their house. I had a great visit with Regina and I am thankful she is coming home today.

My mom and her wonderful cooking.

The cool front that came in the day after the storm. It feels great outside.

Wonderful community workers. They are working non-stop to restore Liberty County.

KSHN radio. They are doing a wonderful job giving the latest news for Liberty County.

Internet (even dial-up). It is slow--but it does work.

No comments: