August 12, 2009

Hardin High School Coach, Regina Snell

Cheerleading and volleyball sometimes do not go hand and hand. 1999-2000. I was young, full of pep and ready to take the teaching world by storm. Young, innocent and naive.

I was asked to coach the cheerleaders. To this day I really think that is why I got the job. Because I was crazy enough to say yes to cheerleaders. {I was a cheerleader. Love cheerleaders. However, cheerleading parents can sometimes be a little crazy}.

This very same year Regina Snell would join Hardin I.S.D. to coach volleyball. My first experience with Regina was over "volleyball vs. cheerleading." Conflict over practice. Conflict over time, where to practice and when we would practice. See we had a little problem. We shared the same girls.

However, this little conflict showed me what kind of person Regina was/is. Regina believes in her program. That year she started molding an award winning program.

Regina has character. Integrity. Honesty. Her players look at her with respect and admiration.

I myself look at Regina with respect and admiration. She is an all-around wonderful soul. Great coach, teacher and most of all a great parent.

Ten years ago a friendship was formed in the halls of Hardin High School. And for that I am greatful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: