October 3, 2010

Texas Antique Weekend, 2010

For years I have wanted to attend the "Texas antique weekend" in Round Top, Warrenton, Fayetteville, Carmine, Shelby and Burton. More than 300 acres of antiques, pieces of buildings, imports...everything!

My friend Mandi & I had planned to go last weekend, however I scheduled photo sessions and quickly forgot all about antique weekend. As my birthday weekend approached, I noticed that my calendar was blank (I have spent the past three birthdays photographing weddings) so I asked Josh if he would be willing to take me to Round Top to shop.

This was my first trip to antique weekend. Oh my goodness! I think we shopped about 5% of the venues. So much to see!

Next April or October we must plan a girls weekend!

First Purchase. I have been searching for an antique baby bath tub. (at least four years I have been looking) I plan to have the tub refinished and put in our new home as a sink.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Second Purchase, Linen Canopy (too large to show in pictures).  Will be perfect in the spring for an outdoor photo session!

Third Purchase, Purple Velvet Chair.  {Vendor from KY}  I started to pass up this beauty due to the price tag.  The dealer told me to make offer.  I have been searching for a velvet purple chair!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My $10 purchase.  I plan to paint and refinish.  Chair is in great shape.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Last purchase: A burlap french pillow.

I purchased my first three items within the first two hours of shopping. I found that the vendors scattered along the street were much cheaper than the large tent vendors. My first impression of realistic pricing was quickly dismissed when I walked the large tents at Marburger.

Overall, a great time. Lots of walking, beautiful weather and great finds. The five hour (round trip) drive was worth it.

1 comment:

Pink Ice Princess said...

I love the purple chair! My boss sales antiques, you should look at some of the stuff, she had a warehouse sale this weekend. I intended to tell you, I had posted it on fb, but wanted to tell you because Iknew you would be interested.