June 6, 2010

Dear iMac

Dear iMac,

I spent many hours researching, talking to Mac users, and pondering if I wanted to take the jump to the "Mac" world. On Friday, I decided to take the leap. However, your price tag made me think twice.

After a couple of hours of friendship, I still am undecided about our relationship. You have many differences from my PC friend. Maybe it just takes some time to get used to you.

I love you, 27" monitor. I love the way my pictures look on your beautiful screen.

My initial impressions:
-I enjoyed the ease of setup. The box contained a monitor, a wireless keyboard, and a wireless mouse. When I plugged you in, you told me exactly what to do. Very easy compared to a PC.
-I had a hard time figuring out how to save and print my first document.
-Your minimize and other buttons are on the left (vs. right on pc)
-I miss my 10 key (number pad).
-Your wireless keyboard is freezing up. Typing extra letters and turning off/on at your convenience.
-I cannot save to my external hard drive? What is up with that?
-Why it is difficult to make a new folder in my document folder?
-Where is your internet history bar?
-How do you copy and paste?
-Why did you just freeze up on me? I thought Mac's were perfect?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I work for Apple and if you have any questions on how to use your perfect Mac just let me know. ;-)

Kay Kay
512-565-0681

Angie Vargas said...

This made me laugh - out loud!