February 22, 2010

Rush Immunotheraphy, where have you been?

I was excited for my follow up visit/CT scan with Dr. Somerville & Dr. Cooley-O'Brien today. I was excited because my face was hurting. Yes my eyes, cheeks, jaw, etc. Every part of my face hurt!

I am so tired of living with allergies and asthma!

The Dr. suggested allergy shots (once again). I was honest. Been there done that. I have tried allergy shots THREE times. Three times of testing, three times of attempting to reach maintenance dose level--and all three times I failed. Finding the time to drive an hour there, an hour back and 30 minutes of waiting...three times a week! That is impossible.

Dr. Cooley-O'Brien discussed the importance of what the allergy shots will give me--relief. And then she said the perfect words...RUSH IMMUNOTHERAPY!

After reading the literature she sent home and searching/reading web page after web page...I ask "why aren't all allergy suffers doing this?" Four/five months worth of allergy shots in one day! How perfect!

I have to have allergy testing, again. Get my asthma under control and then I can sign up!

If you suffer from allergies and asthma research rush immunotheraphy---sounds like relief! R-e-l-i-e-f! I am SUPER excited!

2 comments:

Christy said...

This made me think of my favorite childhood joke...."Does your face hurt?" lol. Glad you found relief.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been tested for "food allergies" also? I know sounds crazy but that is what was causing all of my pain for a few years now..Like Jessie and her ciliac disease..Good Luck with the Relief:)

oh and I LOVE your pics, as always!
Cynthia