October 17, 2009

Check-In, Vegas!

4:00 a.m. arrived much too quickly this morning. I rubbed my tired eyes and was quickly put in fast forward motion by Josh. My husband does not like the way I pack, the way I HAVE to have breakfast first thing in the morning, the way I love to sit and love on my kitty. I have my own pace. The pace of meeting the morning with a full tummy and love in my heart. All that was quickly erased by the fact that I did not finish packing last night.

However, my pal Dale entered the house with a joyful hello. Uncle Dale is taking care of Henry & Sara (and the unmentionable kitties outside). It soothed my soul knowing my little Henry will have someone to cuddle and love him. (Dale, he loves it when you kiss his cute little button nose.)

We said our good-byes. Shut the door and off we went. I softly asked, "do you think I could have breakfast now?" I could tell that he was not excited by the fact that he had to stop. Breakfast, check.

Rushed by the yellow spotted bus, I threw my bags on the rack and found a seat. 5:30 a.m. is much too early to be alert. Rushed again! Quickly exit the bus and gather belongings. Belongings, check.

A very nice gentleman could tell I was a little dazed and said mam I can check you in at the curb. Well thank you Mr. Continental. How would you like to pay for your TWENTY DOLLAR bag fee? What? Continental went up again on their bag fee? Mrs....your bag is overweight. Overweight by 7 pounds! My 7 pounds was going to cost me another FIFTY DOLLARS. He said you are welcome to take things out of this bag and stuff in the other bag. "Let's try it again, he said." "Three pounds, I will turn my head." Thank you Mr. Continental.
Check-in, check.

Finally we made it to the gate. Time to spare, a very nice feeling. Josh starts looking around and then he looks at me, "where are you flashes?" Camera bag, check. Purse, check. Laptop bag, check. Light stands, check. Oh my! Where are they? Oh my! Oh my! I call the yellow spotted bus and was relieved to hear a lady exclaim that they had been looking for me! The nice yellow spotted bus met Josh at entrance e. Yep, back through security for a second time.

I am awake! My little experience almost cost me $$$$.

Kisses to my wonderful husband, Mr. Continental man, Yellow spotted bus lady, and MGM Grand for having our room ready at 9am.

My outlook is that I feel lucky today. With that said...I am out the door to try my luck!

2 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

wow...that's a busy day, my dear. can't wait to see photos from your trip. super jealous i didn't go with you! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow, you made me sound pretty manly, Amanda. For the record, I cuddled nothing!

Also, I'm a Taurus too, Sarah. Not a big deal, but if you ever wanted to talk about Taurus things...



Dale