August 29, 2009

Sports Photography

I was recently contacted by a local magazine about sports photography. I quickly told the owner of the magazine that I was NOT a sports photographer. I lack the proper lens. AND I am not willing to spend $10,000 + to get equipped.

However, I gave in and tonight. I decided I would "attempt" to capture Friday Night football. The only thing I had going for "my camera" was the fact that my 85mm stops down to 1.4.

What I learned:
1. Football moves fast. 2. It was hard to be in the right place at the right time. 3. I lack knowledge of the sport. {you would think that cheering for six years and coaching cheerleading for six years would provide sufficient "football" knowledge. WRONG}.4. That it IS time to invest in a new camera that has better noise reduction.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

just wanted to tell you that sometimes i get better shots when i'm in the stands and can read a play a little better than when i'm on the sideline. i am also able to stabilize myself by using my knees...just a thought! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! Makes me miss the old days! Seems like forever ago.