July 17, 2009

Broken!

Seconds after posting my last entry the phone rang and the sweet little nurse was on the other line. "Mrs. Key the radiology report shows a break and Dr. Daily needs you to come back to the office."

I have an impacted fracture of the fifth metatarsal bone and soft tissue swelling to the head of the first metatarsal bone.

The boot they have me wearing is atrocious! I just do not think I can wear this for six weeks. Why?!?

The first thing I did when I got home was google this break. Google made my mood go from bad to worse! Lets pray that I do not have a Jones fracture to the fifth metatarsal.

However, I am trying to find positive out of this situation. For years I have wanted to visit with a podiatrist about a issue I have (with my left foot). An issue that is caused from wearing heels!

2 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

you have GOT to be kidding! noooo! how in the world is that gonna work? i'd be super po'd at the school...definitely fill out the paperwork. they owe you for your bills.

Melissa said...

ahhh! i feel your pain, literally! i fell in a hole saturday night and rolled my foot. i didn't break mine, but i'm on crutches and have yet to put weight on it. not fun! i'm so sorry! hope it gets better soon!