February 24, 2009

Senior Portrait Tip #2

Senior Portrait Tip #2: Know what you want

Photographers vary in their style. What do you want your senior portraits to look like? What image do you want to portray?

For instance, I as a photographer strive to have MODERN. MAGAZINE STYLE IMAGES. I look through fashion magazines and websites daily. I study the way the models are posed, what they are wearing, locations, etc.

I look for old worn buildings. Vintage surroundings. I have photographed clients using: culverts. abandoned houses. hay fields. bar walls. I am ALWAYS looking for new "unique" places. My eyes are always exploring.

Do not be afraid to ask a photographer about their style. Know what you want and do not be afraid to ask questions!

My "style" is not for everyone...and that is totally understandable. We are unique individuals. We have variety in every aspect of our lives--from fastfood, to books, to professions, to clothes, etc. One "size" does NOT fit everyone!








No comments: