January 13, 2009

2009 Presidential Inauguration

We leave in three days!

I am going through all the necessary tasks to prepare for my travels. I started laying my stuff out last week so I could get some sleep Thursday night.

I am not going to lie...I am nervous. I am nervous that I am one of the five adults responsible for 45 students. I am nervous about the large crowds they are expecting. I am nervous about being one of the 240,000 ticket holders. I am worried that my clothes will not be warm enough. And of course I have a fear of the "what if...." situations.

I am however, trying to savor this moment in time. I stay up late reading Internet news articles. I watch the news and clip articles from the newspapers. How lucky are we? We will be apart of this historic moment.

I ran into one of my old students today and he asked, "Do the kids realize how lucky they are?" "Do they realize what they are about to witness?" I wonder.

We have all kind of fun events ready. We are going ice skating one night (outside), bowling, and to a movie. We will travel to Medieval Times in Baltimore. Hard Rock Cafe in DC. Jamestown/Williamsburg. Capitol tour. Bureau of Engraving and Printing. etc.

I am super excited.

Be sure to follow the blog The Traveling Hornets for pictures and updates.

No comments: