December 10, 2008

Texas Weather

"If you don't like Texas weather, just wait a minute."

Yesterday the weather was warm, muggy and rainy and today it was bitter cold! I knew today would be cold...but I never expected snow!

I love seasons! (with the exception of Hurricane Season).

This fall I actually saw true bright red leaves. Leaves actually changed color (and not just from yellow to brown). Bright red and orange.

AND Today, we saw snow!

I was at home editing pictures when Josh informed me that it sounded like it was sleeting or snowing outside. Sure enough it was sleeting. A little later the sleet turned to snow.

Josh went to get us a bite to eat and called to say that the snow was sticking and how pretty it was. We decided to ride around and soak in this "big event." He was not much for taking it in so I dropped him off and I drove around for at least an hour. It was so nice. I of course took my camera (and my new Nikon 24-70mm lens...LOVE IT)!

It was so refreshing. The cold wind blowing my hair, the ice melting on my face, and snowflakes landing on my clothes made me appreciate my love for seasons once more. People were out building little snow men, throwing snow balls, walking hand in hand, smiling from ear to ear...everyone was soaking enjoying the snow!

Today was just what I needed. I quit what I was doing (even though I am so behind) and "stopped to smell the roses (snow)." I felt so alive.

My plan is to wake up early (earlier than 5:15) to go photograph what night left behind. I hope to awake to a beautiful white day.

Oh snow...dont go away!

(it started snowing at 8:00 p.m. it has been snowing for almost five hours)
























No comments: