November 24, 2008

one of those days...

For all of my adult life my mom has always given me one piece of advice that I have never seemed to follow and that is "take time to stop and smell the roses." I have no idea why I am a workaholic, why I have to stay busy 24/7, why I like to find new projects--but recently I think it has got the best of me.

I have neglected my family, my friends, my cats, and myself. I need life to slow down! But it never fails, I always find something else to put on my plate. Why?

Last month I started working out with a personal trainer. My goal was to loose five pounds by Thanksgiving. I have only lost 2.5 pounds! Why--I LOVE chocolate. I love candy bars! And when I am stressed I want a candy bar! Anyways--I must say that I enjoy my time at the gym. I like the thirty minute drive. It gives me time to unwind. I love knowing there is someone at the gym waiting on me--it makes me go! However, Friday I got so busy that I forgot about my session! Forgot.

So over Thanksgiving break I am going to "take time to stop and smell the roses." I am going to enjoy time with my family and friends. AND I hope to catch up.

P.S. I would love to hear from my blog visitors. I have visitors from around the world--and I would love to get to know you. Dont be afraid to say hello--I love meeting new people.

No comments: