November 24, 2008

A Great Feeling ~ Thankful

I had several "warm, cozy, heartfelt" moments this week that I wanted to share...

Most who know me, know that I LOVE animals! Love, love, love animals. Last week I had a student come up to me and ask if I wanted a cat. She found the kitten cold, hungry and all alone. She decided to keep the cat.

Then on Friday, I received a call from a student who was on his way home and he found a baby kitten sitting on the side of the road. He called his mom and she said "no--we cannot keep it" call Mrs. Key. The kitten was so hungry, cold and looked like she was sick. We fed her, gave her a warm t-shirt and found her a home.

TWO wonderful stories of young adults helping care for stray animals. That just warms my heart!

Last week I had rented a lens to try out at Jessica & Derek's wedding. Renting a lens is a great way to see if you want to "try" before purchasing--especially if it is a $2000 lens. Anyways--through the crazy, hectic week time slipped by me and I was hurrying to get the lens back. I was going to have to drive an hour to the nearest FedEx locations to make the return. As I was headed to a family shoot, I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed a FedEx truck and I followed him. He was super nice! He was patient, kind and giving! Actions like his make you realize that there is still good in the world. That people will still go out of their way to help others.

I am thankful that there are people who take time out of their busy day to stop and help others.

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

No comments: