September 12, 2008

My Personal Ike Update

I woke up at 5 a.m. to give Henry his medicine and got on the Internet. I read that the storm had been upgraded to a Category 3 and the eye coming right over Liberty County would give us wind gust up to 100-110 mph.

I got back in bed--told Josh and we went back to sleep. We woke up to my parents calling at 8:00 a.m. saying they were leaving. (yes we are being very wishy washy). We just do not want to be stuck on the road--you cannot find hotels this late in the game.

It is now 10:45 a.m. and we have everything packed. The windows are boarded. I guess we are ready to go.

The last news report says Liberty County should only have 70-75 mph winds.

(from the news) Liberty … in general, you're going to see about four inches of rain, an isolated eight inches. If there are some outer rain bands that come in and it's consistent, you could see even more than that. As far as the winds, what you'll see at your house, no matter where you live -- in an apartment, in a home, 60 to 75 mph consistent winds and we could see this for an extended amount of time, from 3 to 9 a.m. You could see some 80 mph gusts."

So.....where are we going? At this point--I guess we are staying. Yes--indeed we are (in my opinion) not making the right decision.

1 comment:

Brandi Tejeda said...

Girl!!!! I am super worried about you! I hope you will be OK. I will keep you in my prayers!